• December 6HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• July 31It's always a great day to be an Oracle

Delphi choirs take on Chicago

Back to Article
Back to Article

Delphi choirs take on Chicago

The choirs practicing for their trip.

The choirs practicing for their trip.

Emily Hudson

The choirs practicing for their trip.

Emily Hudson

Emily Hudson

The choirs practicing for their trip.

Emily Hudson, Editor

The choir department is taking a group trip to Chicago this spring break from Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25. Choir director Mrs. Cotten has planned the trip packed with musical adventures and experiences. Students from each of the high school choirs will be performing a 45-minute concert together at the Daley Center on Friday. They will then be exploring the Shedd Aquarium and viewing the Broadway show On Your Feet. Saturday morning the choir will visit the Willis Tower Skydeck and take a guided tour through the city. Mrs. Cotten also coordinated the group to attend the Tommy Gun’s Dinner Show where they will be plunged into an experience in the roaring 20s.

Mrs. Cotten is excited about the trip: “We are all very excited. We have been preparing music from each concert and solo/ensemble contests to prepare for our performance at the plaza. A lot of those kids have never been to a Broadway show so I am excited for them.” She is also pleased to expose some students to finer dining at the dinner show. “I had to take their dinner orders in advance and asked if they wanted prime rib. They would ask, “What’s that?” I would answer, “Steak.” None of the kids had ever had that.”

Freshman Cooper Dale is anxious for the opportunity. “You don’t get many chances to do this sort of thing, so you just have to take it.” Cooper is looking forward to “anything really, I haven’t seen much of Chicago, so I’ll be seeing more of it than I usually do.” He is mildly famous for his crazy accents and said he will “definitely” be demonstrating his skills on the trip.

Senior Sarah Rohrer said, “I’m looking forward to getting to know the other people in the other choirs. I’ve always wanted to go on a trip with my peers. This is something we can all connect with: the love of music.”

About the Contributor
Emily Hudson, Editor

Emily Hudson is a senior at Delphi and is in her second year on the Parnassus staff. Emily performs with the Entertainers and in the spring musicals. In...