The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

The Top Five Christmas Songs (In my opinion)

1. Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano
    Likely the most world renowned bilingual song this song was originally released in 2014 by José Feliciano. This song can be enjoyed by both spanish and english speakers with many understanding both languages even if they don’t fluently speak it! This song was placed fifth simply because of its repetitive lyrics and the beat doesn’t really change much nevertheless this 110% deserves to be in the top five.

4. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy William

This is definitely an oldie released in 1963 by Edward Pola and George Wyle.  The song encompasses not only Christmas but the winter season as a whole. The upbeat music mixed with the lyrics that essentially sum up the best parts of the winter season make it one of the best songs to add to your Christmas playlist.. The song really gives the winter season its cheerful jolly feeling without focusing on christmas day like most song’s.

1. Carol of the Bells – Pentatonix

Originally released in 2016 by Katie Melua and under the name “The Little Swallow”. The song has since been adapted to have more rhythm and bass while still maintaining its original structure and lyrics. This song in my opinion is one of the best christmas songs to ever be created mixing its modern beat with a choir gives the song a very modern tone. “Carol of the Bells” is most widely recognized from the movie “Home Alone,” a classic in American homes..

1. Last Christmas – Wham! 

This song was released in 1986 and over the handful of years that many of us have been listening to it the feeling it gives seizes to diminish. The song’s upbeat rhythm mixed with heartbroken lyrics makes an oddly perfect combination of comfort and utter joy. The song is recognized all over the world as one of the most listened to Christmas songs and with good reason. Millions of people across the globe joyfully listen to this song on their radio.

1. You’re a Mean one Mr. Grinch. – Thurl Ravenscroft.

Released in 1966 for Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I firmly believe that this is the childhood song. The song itself isn’t why it was chosen as first but rather the memories tied to it. The Grinch is a household that has been played for generations from being rented from a blockbuster to being played on the  24- inch TV in every home. The memories of being a kid during Christmas Eve with the impossible task of going to sleep and waking up to the sound of mom yelling for you to come and open your gifts.