The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Parnassus Picks: Top Lunches

Parnassus Picks: Top Lunches
vege_-_Fotolia

Most people that eat school lunch may say that it can either make or break their day, so today we are going to find out the best of the worst parts of some days. With an in depth look at the Parnassus’ top 5 favorite mains and a scoring from yours truly, Brandon Terrell.

The categories that I am going to be grading are the following:

1. Taste
  2. Presentation 
  3. Consistency 

This has nothing to do with the work of the cafeteria staff as they do not control what the food tastes like and they are just doing their job, do not be rude to the staff as this is opinion based.

Coming in at number 5 we have the one and only Turkey Manhattan. I want to personally say that the Turkey Manhattan is one of my favorites so it being number 5 is a fine spot for it. For taste I rate it 6 out of 10 and I say this because the turkey has a bit of a strange taste and feels unseasoned but the gravy and mashed potatoes really help it out. For the presentation I have to give it a 5 out of 10 since it is really just bread, turkey, mashed potatoes and the gravy on top which makes a good tower to look at and dig into. For consistency it’s a 6 out of 10 as it is pretty consistent but sometimes it falls apart and doesn’t taste the same on some days. Overall it’s a fair 17/10, a good place to be.

At number 4 we have the chicken Alfredo, before I go on with the ratings I must say that I love chicken Alfredo normally. With that being said I will have to give the school chicken Alfredo a 6 out of 10, overall it tastes pretty well but sometimes it feels a bit gummy and gooey, but still overall pretty taste. For presentation it is a 5 since it is just a pile of chicken Alfredo, you can’t really decorate it and make it look too pretty. For consistency it is a 7 since it always tastes the same. Not an offensive main, good eats if you like it and options if you don’t, very consistent and taste well along with looking like pasta. Overall final rating 18/30, not bad but could be better.

At number 3 we have Bosco sticks, a perfectly good spot right in the middle. For taste it’s a fair 7 out of 10. The reason is that those Bosco sticks just taste great, cheese is good and inoffensive and the bread is almost never hard or over seasoned. For presentation it’s a 5 out of 10 since it’s really just a bread stick, and doesn’t look all the best but it doesn’t look awful. For consistency it is a 7 of 10 since it always tastes good and doesn’t change. The bread is always somewhat soft, the only complaint I would have is not on the side of the staff but sometimes there is an underwhelming amount of cheese on the inside and really just ruins it from there. The final rating for the Bosco Stick is a 19/30, a good middle of the ground fair rating.

An honorable mention I would like to add is the newly introduced KFC bowl, I want to give it a 7 for taste since I haven’t eaten it enough to really judge it but the few times we have had it, it was pretty good. For presentation it’s a good 6, it’s a bowl of stuff with gravy and cheese on top. For consistency a 7 since we’ve only had it 2 or 3 times but it has tasted and looked the same both times. For the honorable mention it gets a rating of 20/30

At number 2 is Country Fried Steak, I think this is a great spot for it since it is definitely a fan favorite among the students. For taste it gets 7 out of 10 since 90% of the time it tastes great, the breading doesn’t overpower the mystery steak and the other way around. Presentation is also a 7 since it looks good, the breading doesn’t look soggy or hard and with the mound of mashed potatoes on top it pulls it through. Finally for consistency it gets another 7, so 7’s all around. It is a consistent meal that always tastes the same so if you like it, it’s good for you. Final scoring for the country fried steak is a 21/30.

In first place at the top of the list the crowning king is the Chicken Sandwich now lets begin. For taste we have a 10, can’t go wrong with a nice chicken sandwich, as much as I miss the old ones, but it still tastes great. For presentation it’s a 6 since it doesn’t look the prettiest but it is a chicken sandwich so its beauty in itself. And finally for consistency it’s another 10 since it is always the same and never bad. So for our crowning king the final score is a 26/30.

1. Chicken Sandwich 26/10
  2. Country Fried Steak 21/10
  3. Bosco Stick 19/30
  4. Chicken Alfredo 18/30
  5. Turkey Manhattan 17/10

Honorable Mention 

• KFC Bowl 20/30