The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Spotlight: Cameron Burns

Emma Carpenter
Cameron Burns had an outstanding sectional, placing 2nd in the 50 freestyle and 3rd in the 100 freestyle.

Cameron Burns is one of the many athletes at Delphi High School who deserve to be recognized. Swimming has always been one of his passions and he has been pursuing it for many years now.

Cameron started swimming in the 6th grade when he signed up for the middle school team. It was obvious that it was not something that came naturally to him, but he did really enjoy it.  Cameron decided to further his skill by joining the Boilermaker Aquatic club team in the summer of his 7th grade year. “Coming back to the regular season my 8th grade year, I could tell that I had improved and I was ready to get back in the pool and keep pushing myself,” said Cameron.

As Cameron continued his swimming career into high school, his talent kept excelling at a steady rate. Cameron was working hard in the regular season and also training in the off season. As a freshman, Cameron showed the he was a force to be reckoned with, but still had a lot of room for improvement.

Throughout his high school career Cameron has achieved many personal goals and also has his name on the record board. “My biggest accomplishment would have to be my 200 freestyle record,”  said Cameron. Cameron has also done very well at big meets in high school, placing second and third at the 2013 sectionals. Cameron said he has one more year left and he is going to give it all he has.

Cameron will be returning to train with the Boilermaker Aquatic club this summer hoping that he will be able to take down more records, reach his personal goals, and also advance to the state meet his senior year.