The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Tips and tricks for spring break

With spring break fast approaching, you’re either going somewhere, or you are staying here in the great little city of Delphi. Either way, there are tons of ways to have fun this year.

A big factor with spring arriving is the color of your skin. No one wants to be caught looking like a ghost on the beach, or looking like they didn’t go anywhere at all. The main thing to remember is safety when trying to get your summer glow.

Tanning beds are fast and relaxing but can carry harmful effects later on. A good way to erase the worry is by using sunless tanning lotions. You can also go with a classic spray tan.

The main thing to remember when using sunless tanners is that you need to be brutally honest with your original skin color. If you are using the “fair” makeup or getting called “Casper” by all of your friends, make sure to use the lightest sunless tanning lotion possible. You’ll still get color, and you won’t look orange.

Once you’ve accomplished your great tan, it’s time for break to roll around. If you are staying here, do not fear. There are a lot of exciting activities that you can do with friends to make the short week memorable.

Prom will be coming up, so you could go dress shopping with your friends that also stayed home. If you’re a guy, you could plan how you’re going to ask that special someone to prom.

You could take a small road trip. Take a few friends, pack up the family minivan, and go on a short adventure to a town you’ve never seen before.

You could go see a movie or go on a walk with friends. If you have already tried everything you could think of, take a day to organize and clean things up. Clean out all the junk in your car or try and find the other missing shoes you haven’t seen in three weeks. Finally, you could take a day to just relax. Shut off the phone, turn off the computer and just lay around.

No matter what you do this spring break, stay safe, and make it one to remember.