The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Atwood inducted into Hall of Fame

DCHS wrestling coach Mike Atwood was recently inducted into the Indiana Wrestling Coaches Association’s Hall of Fame, a very prestigious honor given to few every year. “It is nice to be recognized by my peers but this really goes to our whole staff throughout the years. I learned early if you want to succeed, surround yourself with good people and that is what I did,” Atwood said.

As Coach Atwood was quick and right to spread the praise, the numbers speak for themselves. A 259-142 overall dual meet record, six Hoosier Conference titles, four sectional titles, two state qualifying teams (top 8 unclassed), twelve individual state qualifiers, a state runner-up, and a state champion in 2012 with Tanner Lynde are a few to name.

Atwood’s dedication to the program and the kids within it is a big reason why his wrestlers and teams have been successful. “All of this has been for the kids and it continues to be for the kids. Wrestling teaches so many life skills,” he said. “You get what you work for may be the biggest lesson.” Certainly Coach Atwood’s hard work has paid off.