The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Entertaining football season wrapping up

All football fans have been busy lately, glued to the television watching the best of the best battle it out on the gridiron.

Millions watched as Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston and the Florida State Seminoles defeated destiny’s team in the Auburn Tigers on a last-second touchdown pass from Winston to wide-receiver Kelvin Benjamin to win the BCS championship. Many were elated to see the Seminoles stop the SEC’s run of seven straight national championships. This year’s BCS championship was the last to ever be played. Next year, college football will move to a four team playoff in which each of the top four teams will have an equal chance to win it all.

Those fans who prefer the higher level of talent haven’t been disappointed either, especially around here. The Indianapolis Colts rallied from a 28 point second half deficit to defeat the Kansas City Chiefs in the first round of the NFL layoffs. The two conference championship games were nothing less than spectacular also. Super Bowl XLVIII will be at Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Feb. 2 as the Seahawks and Broncos will go for the league crown. Many have been talking about the site of the Super Bowl. Most Super Bowls take place in warm weather cities. Not this one. The average temperature for East Rutherford on Feb. 2 is low to mid 30s while snow is never out of the picture. Super Bowl XLVIII could get very interesting.

Sadly enough, that game will bring an end to an amazing season of football. However, on the bright side, March Madness is right around the corner.