The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Winter Sports Preview

The 2023-2024 athletics winter season has just begun and here is some insight on what it’s all about.

Wrestling

Wrestling: a sport defined as “a martial art and combat sport that involves grappling with an opponent and striving to obtain a position of advantage through different throws or techniques”. Breath, don’t lose your nerve. The opponent in front of you is up by one point, one wrong move and he wins. You feel as if your legs are about to fall off but the determination to win is what keeps you going. Your opponent lunges quick but you are quicker. 3, 2 1; in a flash. You’ve done it you won. This is DCHS wrestling; drive and determination mixed with skill and technique all to come out on top. The 2023-2024 wrestling season has just begun with Micheal Atwood being the head coach and Shane Evans assistant coaching. The wrestling team has multiple returning players including six senior’s: Brandon Terrell, Nathan Phebus, Aarion Walton, Braydon Acheson, Cooper roth, and Lannon Pickering.

Girls & Boys Basketball

Dribble, dribble 3….. Dribble, dribble, 2….. SHOOT IT! Dribble, plant, 1… the shot, the buzzer, the silence that follows. Everything seems to go in slow motion as the ball floats toward the hoop. Everyone holds their breaths and it goes in! They’ve done it, they’ve won the game. The pure energy emanating from the crowd makes it all worth it. The band plays school songs as the players walk out of the arena, the viewers filled with pride as they see the winner walk away, the cheerleader cheering in celebration. This is DCHS basketball . The boys and girls 2023-2024 basketball season has just begun with the girls already managing two wins under their belts and the boys just now starting. The Girl’s have multiple returning seniors including: Lacey Pickering, Lexi Miller, and Nikita Leer. The boy’s not yet having a game but it’s looking like they have multiple promising prostects with mutliple returing seniors including Chase Almager, Brasen Starbuck and Cayden Gasser.

Swim & Dive

Stroke, Stroke, Stroke, Turn. The end is near you hear everything yet nothing at the same time the crowd roaring as the water splashes against your ear. Stroke, stroke, stroke, turn it’s the final stretch from the corner of your eye you can see your opponent but that doesn’t matter. All you can think of is winning, as the wall get’s closer you feel yourself wanting it more and more. The taste of victory is literaly fingertip’s away. REACH. Your fingertips touch the wall and you come up to hear the crowd roaring. You’ve done it! You won. This is the exxileration of being a DCHS swimmer. The 2023-2024 Swim & Dive program and they are looking for swimmer to conquer the pool. If you wish to be a DCHS swimmer then contact coach Bruestle via email ([email protected]) or just simply show up to practice. Practices are from 3:30. to 5:30 down at the pool.

On behalf of the entire Oracle community we cannot wait to see what the 2023-2024 winter athletics season has in store for us!