The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

What the Duck

A look into why Mr. M has so many ducks
What the Duck

11th grade English teacher and Varsity football coach Mr. M seems to have a strange infatuation with rubber duckies. He has said that he was not the one to start the duck farm. It all started with one of his former students giving him a rubber ducky as an inside joke, this later spiraled out of control and became almost a tradition to give him a rubber duck to add to the vast collection of 200+ ducks scattered throughout his classroom, as of August 18th, 2023.

Mr. M has essentially become the adoptive father to all these lost duckies that the students no longer feel the need to take care of or just get to give to him. Scattered throughout his room are many different types of ducks from many different backgrounds, there are space ducks, army ducks who sit together, and flashy ducks to name a few. 

Some of the ducks that you see around the room have lived entire lives and have gone on adventures just to end up confined to the ever changing weather of Mr. M’s classroom. If you talk to the ducks they will tell you the horrors that they have seen throughout the years. 

The methods of getting many of the ducks are a bit questionable, some were captured from their family by Mr. M and his accomplices or even brought in by him to enhance their criminal skills. The mastermind M, trains the ducks to be able to hunt down and track other ducks and stop criminals or just people he doesn’t like. One of the victims of the ducks says that it is “The most horrifying thing that I have ever had to endure”. They have asked to remain anonymous so as to not be hunted again. 

I recently got an interview from local legend BFD (Big Freakin’ Duck) and here’s what he had to say about his living conditions under the hand of Mr. M. “At first it was like heaven and then I realized that I can’t actually do anything without his help. He doesn’t help me much and just seems to talk about the life I used to live.” BFD seems a little unhappy about being locked in solitary after his years of crime sprees around the globe. The army ducks have been quoted saying that they love being able to live the retired slow life and live free as they watch the next generations grow through such a profound leader. 

A little insider has spoken up and said that the ducks have a leader on the inside and eventually plan to rise up against the tyrannical leadership of Mr. M. Don’t tell him we know this.