The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Book review: The Fault in Our Stars

http://www.google.com/search?q=google&safe=active&rlz=1C1ASAC_enUS484US484&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tDMCU6nVCIOT2gWS9YCICQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg&surl=1#q=tfios&safe=active&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgrc=oWjDQVSSQXp2wM%253A%3B6HnNC_MkYWG2NM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fleakynews.s3.amazonaws.com%252Fpub%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2011%252F10%252Ftfios.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.leakynews.com%252Fthe-fault-in-our-stars-cover-revealed-abundance-of-covers-contest%252Ftfios%252F%3B463%3B700

Despite 21st century advanced medical miracles, 16-year-old Hazel Grace Lancaster has never been anything but terminal. She thought her story was reaching its falling action upon diagnosis, when a plot twist with a half smirk stumbled into it.  Augustus Waters, a gorgeous, charming young man, suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, the group Hazel’s mom forces her to attend. Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.

The Fault in Our Stars, an award-winning novel by Indiana author John Green, takes us along with Hazel and Augustus as their relationship grows. Augustus had osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer, but is in remission and is just visiting with his friend, Isaac. All it takes is one meeting and Hazel and Augustus embark on a roller coaster ride of emotions, including love, tragedy and romance. Using Augustus’ wish from the Make a Wish Foundation, the young, beautiful couple travels to Amsterdam in search of Peter Van Houten, the author of the favorite book of both Hazel and Augustus. During the trip, heartbreaking news changes the dynamic of their phenomenal relationship.

If you enjoy young adult literature, you will enjoy this book. If you like romance and teen love stories, you will like The Fault in our Stars. If normally romance bores you, John Green’s witty humor and brilliant writing style will still make reading this book one of the best decisions you will ever make. If you like to laugh, read this book, because you will smile and laugh throughout this novel. You will cry, even the most macho of men will cry; therefore, if you do not like crying, this book is not for you. I highly recommend this book to everyone over the age of 14. John Green captivates the humor and excitement found in life, the sadness and loss felt after tragedies, and the feelings experienced during love. After reading this, you will learn why there is a huge hype about John Green. The only reason you will ever regret reading this novel is because you will want to sit down and do absolutely nothing else until you finish.