Winter Sports Season Update

Elijah Hudson, Sports Writer

Boys’ Basketball

The Oracles have been adding to the “W” column lately, compiling a 4-1 record in the last four weeks. Recent season highlights include beating Carroll and winning the Indiana Kitchen Classic tournament. The Oracles are averaging 61 points a game, which is 12 more points per game than last year. Senior Cade Murray, junior Garrett Tomson, and junior Blake Carroll are all averaging above 10 points a game. The team’s strength of schedule increases in the second half of the season, and they will look to rise to the occasion.

Girls’ Basketball

The Lady Oracles have had a strong start to the season, with their record currently standing at 11-5. Senior Katherine Lang has been playing extremely well, leading the team in points, assists, steals, and field goal percentage. In the Indiana Kitchen Classic, the Oracles lost to Rossville in the championship game. The girls will look to do well in their final six games of the season before sectionals.

Wrestling

So far on the year, the wrestling team is 12-25 in Dual meets. The captains of the team have been performing well: senior Ty Watson is 13-1, junior Asa Cohee is 28-12, and junior Max Schimmel is 28-12. Ty has also recently reached 100 varsity wins, which is a feat seldom accomplished in wrestling. The Oracles are on a hot streak after winter break winning three out of their last five meets. They are still improving as they head into sectionals next week.

Swimming

The girls’ swimming team has yet to win a meet, and the boys’ swimming team has one win, which was a win over Carroll. It is difficult to get wins when swimming against teams with so many more participants. Both teams do have some winnable meets coming up. Seniors Kelsi German, Manon Lhommel, Wyatt Anderson, and Jessica Burkhart were all honored on Thursday, Jan. 11 for Senior Night.

Dance

The Poms team has found success with their dance routines in the first part of their season. As a group they placed first at their second competition. Senior Kristina Powlen and freshman Jessica Powlen did a duet together and received first place. Kristina also placed second in a solo routine. The team still has two competitions left, on Jan. 20 and Feb. 10. They will also perform a tribute to Libby and Abby during the halftime of the boys’ basketball senior night on Feb. 17.

Elijah Hudson, sports writer
Elijah is in his second year on Parnassus staff and is loving every second he can be around his colleagues. He has finally reached the upperclassmen threshold as he is in the midst of his junior year. Elijah can often be found serenading friends with piano music, cooking extravagant cuisine, laughing with companions, and staying...