The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Delphi’s FFA chapter impacts school and community

photo provided

The Delphi Community FFA chapter is progressively gaining members and popularity. This club teaches its members many life long lessons such as leadership, teamwork, and  time management. The advisors of this club, Beth Theobald and Doug Walker, help keep the kids in line and support them in all of their activities.

Along with the advisors there are also the officers of the club: the president Karlee Sparks, vice presidents Kolt Kinsler and Zach Offutt, secretary Austin Potts, reporters Amanda Cohee and Melanie Johns, treasurer Jackie Hensley, and  sentinel Adam Shanks. The officers are in charge of being the student leaders and taking care of all the specific jobs related to their position.

One of the many activities that the FFA is involved with is their annual auction. This auction is set up to raise money for their chapter and also to help out people in our community.

The FFA  also helps with the Christmas baskets and the toy drive in the community. “FFA has truly impacted my life. It has taught me leadership, how to work well with others, and has been a lot of fun,” said Erik Carpenter. The FFA chapter is a very productive group and helps with many events, in the community and at school.

The  FFA participated in a leadership conference  held on Thursday, March 7. This event is an educational and fun experience. Everyone competing in this contest had the opportunity to go compete at the state level and also simply compete against their peers. It is a worthwhile learning experience and a great opportunity.

Along with helping around the community, the FFA also rewards itself with an annual ski trip, and  FFA celebrates one week a year during FFA week. They have multiple activities and fun events throughout the week.

As active as this club in and as much as they support the school and community,  they deserve to be celebrated and rewarded. “The fact that I am most proud of with the Delphi FFA members is that they are always willing to help the community.  Whether it is the Community Christmas Baskets and the food drive, helping REMC with their annual meeting, or putting together a team for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, these students are always ready to help.  It gives me hope that we will continue to have great volunteers in our community that care about our future,” said Mrs. Theobald.