Break the Grey returns on May 5

Emily Hudson, staff writer

Break the Grey is coming to DCHS on Friday, May 5 at 1:30. Break the Grey is a group that tours America giving emotional assemblies to inspire student action by “helping students to live and not die together.” Their topics range from character to bullying to self-harm. Break the Grey also brought their moving performance to DCHS two years ago. Senor Olivia Livingston remembered, “I cried because it was very well done.” Coach Strasser said he knew a “large group of students that were very touched by what they taught.” He was contacted by the leadership of Break the Grey and given the opportunity to have extra support for the students going into the summer. Coach Strasser seized the chance and asserted that “It’s a great opportunity for students before the summer to send them out on a positive note. It will hopefully leave the seniors with something positive. I hope students will take advantage of the event.”

Break the Grey is also presenting a concert for the Delphi and Flora communities. The Bill Ballenger Band and 390 East will be performing at 7:00 on the same night. They will be joined by the Break the Grey interns who will be speaking to Delphi and Carroll students who attend. The Bill Ballenger Band has given the first 50 people who buy a band shirt the opportunity to meet the group before the show. The show is free for all students and parents of DCHS, DCMS, Carroll Middle School and Carroll High School, with a student ID. The doors of DCHS gym will open at 6:00 on May 5 for the concert.

Emily Hudson, Editor
Emily Hudson is a senior at Delphi and is in her second year on the Parnassus staff. Emily performs with the Entertainers and in the spring musicals. In her free time, she enjoys reading incessantly, writing poetry, playing ukulele, and worshiping God. Next year, she will be attending Indiana Wesleyan University for Finance and Church Music.