The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Sterrett signs with Indiana Tech

Sterrett+signing+National+Letter+of+Intent+alongside+family+and+coaches.+
Elliott Atkinson
Sterrett signing National Letter of Intent alongside family and coaches.

DCHS senior pitcher Jason Sterrett made his commitment official by signing his National Letter of Commitment to play baseball for the Warriors of Indiana Tech.

“Indiana Tech was just the best fit for me. I met the players and I felt like I fit right in,” Sterrett said of the decision. “They have a great program up there and it’s a great opportunity for me to compete at the next level,” Sterrett added.

Sterrett finished the 2013 campaign with an 8-1 record, an ERA of 2.09 and 119 strikeouts, one shy of the school record. “Jason is one of the best pitchers I’ve coached. He has great command of three pitches and competes at a very high level,” Oracle coach Kerry Yoder said.

Sterrett’s toughness and the way he competes are attributes that will help him at Indiana Tech. “Most young kids don’t compete the way Jason does. He will already be a step ahead of many players because he is such a competitor,” said Yoder.

Indiana Tech coach Kip McWilliams also said that Sterrett’s competitive nature was something that caught his eye. “He’s a great competitor. There’s no doubt in my mind that Jason will help us win ballgames,” said McWilliams.

Jason is the most recent in a long line of Oracle baseball players to play at the next level. “As a program, it’s great to see players move on and play collegiately,” Yoder remarked.

Indiana Tech is an NAIA school located in Ft. Wayne. The Warriors have enjoyed winning seasons the last five years. “I hope I can come in and do my part to help the team win. Winning is the ultimate goal,” said Sterrett.