The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

March Madness never disappoints

Every year, at the end of the college basketball season, the NCAA hosts a tournament to determine the best team in the country. The teams are assigned a seed based on their performance during the regular season and are placed in a bracket based on their part of the country.

The tournament is single elimination, and there is often at least one major upset in the first round. This year, the Harvard game was the game everyone was talking about as twelfth-seeded Harvard pulled out a victory against the fifth-seeded Vanderbilt team.  The upset gave Harvard their first tournament win since 1946.

This year there were few absolutely dominating teams. Everyone was fairly even, and the majority of the games in the tournament could have gone either way. Other than a few huge wins early on, the finalists could have been beaten by multiple teams.

The teams making it to the Final Four were Louisville, Michigan State, Syracuse, and Wichita state. They battled it out for their place at the top, and Louisville and Michigan beat their opponents in two close games.

The championship had everyone on the edge of their seats as Louisville battled back from a thirteen point deficit.  In the final few minutes, Louisville took control of the game. They created a double digit lead and were able to hang on and get the win, despite Michigan State’s efforts to close the gap.  The Louisville Cardinals were victorious, winning by a score of 82-76.