• April 17Good luck to our spring sports teams

• April 17Have a fun and safe PROM - April 27

• January 4It's always a great day to be an Oracle!

The power of inspirational quotes

Back to Article
Back to Article

The power of inspirational quotes

Dacota Shockley, Staff Writer

Everyone has something that gets them through the day: coffee, friends, family, a significant other, God, or possibly even food. For me, it’s reading inspirational quotes. The month of February brings forth a lot of emotions to our small community, and I just want you all to know that every single one of you are worth it. If you are struggling, I hope you can find comfort in the words below.

“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn

Happiness isn’t something that should be waited on. You should live each day as a new opportunity with a HUGE smile on your face.

“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” — Henry David Thoreau

Everyone has goals. When you complete a goal, you’ll feel an amazing sense of accomplishment. Remember, when setting goals it is important to make them challenging yet realistic. And by the way, when you reach a goal, don’t forget to celebrate it because you are important.

“Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you.”  — Anonymous  

It is important that you always move on in life, even after all the pain someone or something has inflicted upon you. But, don’t forget what that pain has taught you.

“Don’t give up just because of what someone said. Use that as motivation to push harder.”  — Anonymous

If you give up on something you’re passionate about because someone said something cruel to you, you’ll never complete any of your goals in the future. You will always have someone criticize you in everything you do. Just push harder to get through the criticism and you’ll achieve any goal that stands in your way.

Inspiring words can be calming and uplifting. However, if inspirational quotes do not help you get through the day, find something that does. You are worth more than you could ever imagine. Life may be rough today, but tomorrow has something better in store for you. Always remember that, forever and always.

Dacota Shockley, Staff writer

Dacota is a senior at Delphi this year, and this is his first year on the Parnassus staff. He is also involved with Interact, Spanish Club, and Student...