The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

The Brahr Ultimatum: Big game fishing

For a majority of people, big game fishing has no significant place in their hearts. I am one of those people. However, I do find it to be very intriguing. The pure instinct that must engulf a body as it is strapped into the high seat on the back of the boat during a stormy trek out to sea must be overwhelming. When a big ol’ fish bites on to the line, I can’t even imagine the sensation the angler would experience. What types of fish are “big game fish”? Let me talk to you about that.

Have you ever wanted to be a shark? I have. And sharks are big game fish! The most popular breeds of sharks that people seek are threshers, makos, and leopard sharks. All provide a threatening experience for the fisherman, but also a huge reward if they can drag them in. It is kind of sad though, because sharks are at a constant struggle to make it to the top and most of them do because they are sharks and they don’t turn their heads on the way to the top because they are sharks and sharks can’t turn their heads.

What kind of fish can turn their heads? Many different types. Many types include the marlin/swordfish. Do you call it a marlin or a swordfish? I prefer swordfish because Marlin is a name of a clownfish from a popular children’s movie. Plus a swordfish can be used as a weapon! However, this could be very dangerous for the rod and reel man trying to pull him in. I once saw in a video a woman who had been punctured by a marlin as she was reeling it in, and she suffered serious injuries that dramatically affected the rest of her life. On the plus side, that hardly ever happens, and many people take swordfish as beautiful trophies.

Tuna salad: a delicious choice at Subway and the result of a bountiful day of big game fishing. Whether it be blue fin or bumblebee, the tuna fish is one of the strongest animals in the world. The fight that the other end of the line undergoes must be one of the craziest experiences, ever. Even though the tuna isn’t as dangerous as the other two, it does provide an overall better experience in angling due to its brute strength.

Of course, the equipment is exuberantly expensive, but most of the time you end up renting it, so that’s never a big deal. Believe it or not, the trip in a whole doesn’t even cost that much. You can pretty easily book a trip for yourself at dawntreadertunacharters.com or bigfishcharters.com. If you do decide to take a trip, let me know how it goes! I’ll be all ears to listen to the experience of a master angler.