The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Past changes turn to future aspirations

Over the past 12 months Delphi has been home to many changes affecting the way people around town go on with their lives. Ranging from a new sense of school pride to construction crews taking up permanent residence, Delphi has gone through an eventful year.

The years of Delphi sitting on the sidelines of expansion have passed and many new opportunities have risen. I believe Hoosier Heartland coming through our section of Indiana will bring more business to Delphi and the surrounding area. Being merely minutes from a major highway that will stretch across Indiana will surely bring more opportunities for expansion and advancement.

Large scale projects such as the Hoosier Heartland aren’t the only changes that have come into play. Delphi Community High School has also had some changes during this year. The change in main offices has eased the comings and going of parents unfamiliar with the layout of the school, not to mention greatly improving the safety of our building. Rules have also been initiated, such as the cell phone policy prohibiting the use of cell phones during class hours and only allowing the use of them during specific times.

Mr. Trebly, Delphi High School principal, started up something none of the current students have seen in quite some time, pep sessions. Announcing game times and having games for students to play in the mornings might be a little much for some on a Friday morning, but I think it helps bring levity to some of the stress of the school day.  Spawning a new sense of school pride can also be attributed to these pep sessions. I believe this new Oracle pride is something that needs to stick around. We finally have an energized student body who feeds off the success of our school and its athletics.

The changes made throughout our little town will surely help to connect us more to the world all around us and will help to bring our community together.