The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Danielle Kelley receives academic recognition

Senior Danielle Kelley was nominated for the Indiana Career and Technical Education Student Award for Excellence by  the superintendent of Delphi Community School Corporation, Mr. Walker. Danielle is the second student from Delphi to ever receive this award following former student Alyx Maxwell.

By taking BioMed her sophomore year, human body systems her junior year, and also medical terminology her senior year, Danielle was eligible for the award through the health and science pathway. The award is sponsored by the Indiana department of Education and a banquet will be held on April 16. At the Indiana Government Center South Auditorium Danielle will be recognized for being one of  the 5-8 students selected receiving this award.. “I was surprised when I found out that I got the award, and also very grateful that the focus I have placed on my future career was recognized and rewarded,” said Danielle.

The award is based on scholarship, leadership, character and career and technical skills. To receive this award Danielle had to first submit two letters of recommendation.  “Danielle is the first student [intern] we have had that has taken the initiative to complete CNA courses before her internship commenced. This along with her interest in the clinic goes to prove her dedication to go above and beyond to achieve the goal she has set for herself of becoming a nurse with a bachelor of science degree,” said Danielle’s intern mentor Deb Mears.

Danielle is still undecided on her future plans but she has started to narrow down her  choices. “I am really leaning toward Purdue. I hope to get my bachelor of science in nursing degree and then continue on to becoming a nurse practitioner,” said Danielle.