The student news site of Delphi Community High School.

Parnassus

Breaking News
  • It's a great day to be an Oracle!
  • WELCOME BACK!

Parnassus

Parnassus

Senior Karli Edging singing her way to local fame

Every once in a while, someone with remarkable talent comes around. Someone that stands above all others in their field. DCHS senior Karli Edging is one such person.

Karli is an incredible singer who has been singing since she was four years old in her church choir. Her voice might have been a little undeveloped at that age, but she was a crowd pleaser all the same. “I accidentally forgot the words to one of my solos,” she said, slightly embarrassed. However, it didn’t take long for people to realize that she had a special talent, and Karli began getting asked to sing at many school and community events.

A big break came after a singing competition when she was approahced by the up-and-coming artist, Levi Riggs. Riggs really liked her voice and told her he would keep in touch. Two weeks later, Karli got a phone call asking if she would like to sing with him and his band in Illinois. After learning nearly thirty songs, Karli performed with them and has been going to events with them ever since. Karli has played with them in over ten venues and has performed solo for multiple events as well.

Karli manages to stay very busy with her singing career. Last year, Karli helped put on a benefit concert, at the school, sponsored by the student council. She has also performed in the tailgating lots before Purdue games and at countless other festivals and fairs. She has been selling CD’s and has built a strong fan base. She has received great reviews from local artists, and is hoping to one day start her own band. Karli would love to be a singer, but if things don’t work out, she is still planning on pursuing a career in radiology at Purdue University.

Karli loves country music and has modeled herself after Carrie Underwood, her idol. As of now, she has no official contracts. However, some area artists that like her are attempting to grab the attention of some big names in Nashville for her. Karli is hopeful about the future,but she said, ”What happens happens.” She is not going to change any of her other plans to push toward music, unless she is made an offer.

Karli Edging has come an extremely long way, and will hopefully go much further. She possesses admirable talent and has a great start toward a long road of success.