DCHS Drama Department Debuts “You Can’t Take It With You”

Amanda McCarty, Staff Writer, Videographer

What do cornflakes, young love, crazy relatives, fireworks, and accidental communism all have in common? This year’s fall play, You Can’t Take it With You.   

You Can’t Take it With You is a tale placed in 1930’s New York in the Sycamore household. Sweet-natured Alice Sycamore (Amanda McCarty) falls in love with the vice president of Kirby and Co., Tony Kirby (Noah RedElk). This seems perfectly fine until their families are added to the picture. The Sycamores are a wacky bunch compared to the tame, unhappy parents of Tony, who are accustomed to routine. Alice believes that marriage with Tony is out of the question until one fateful dinner with the Kirby’s. This hilarious comedy will warm your hearts and make you root for the underdog when family catastrophes strike.

“The show, You Can’t Take It With You, will definitely be enjoyed by many people. It has been a little hard to remember everything I am supposed to do, but it has been very enjoyable,” said sophomore, Aden Sinks (Paul Sycamore). “I really enjoy being part of shows here at DCHS and being around some amazing people who share the same interests as me. I wouldn’t have it any other way,” added junior, Keri Toole (Rheba). The cast has been very excited to be bring this hilarious text to life. They hope you all attend and enjoy the show.

You Can’t Take it With You will be performed in the Delphi Community High School Little Theater on Nov. 10 and 11 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $6. They are available at the door and through the Delphi Opera House. (Link Below)

https://www.delphioperahouse.org/events-listing/events-list/dhs-players-11-10-11

Amanda McCarty, Staff writer/Videographer

Amanda is a senior at Delphi in her first year of Parnassus. She has been involved in French Club and Theatre for the past four years. She is passionate about artistry, dungeons and dragons, being original, staying positive, and helping others. Amanda’s future plans are unclear because she hasn’t found a college major for eating moose tracks ice cream yet.

1 Comment

One Response to “DCHS Drama Department Debuts “You Can’t Take It With You””

1. Bella on November 9th, 2017 11:42 am

I’m excited to see you guys perform this weekend! I’ll be there on Saturday; break a leg! :*<3

• Blurbs

2018-2019 Delphi Poms Dance Team members

• Blurbs

Middle School Messenger is the new middle school newspaper

• DCHS Drama Department Debuts “You Can’t Take It With You”

Blurbs

Coach Strasser wins Semper Fi award

Blurbs

Choir contest results

Blurbs

Band members go to contest

Blurbs

South Korea to host Winter Olympic Games

Blurbs

DCHS students attend Honor Band

• Blurbs

DECA club begins business

Blurbs

Black Friday: coming soon

Blurbs

DCSC celebrates Veterans’ Day